Professional Management Association encourages its members to become active in the organization through chair board activity, Project Management Program activity, or attending events to earn points. While becoming a member of the Chair board or Project Management Program requires an application, any member can obtain active membership through these guidelines:
To become an active member, one must pay dues and earn a minimum of 80 points. Each event has a point value ranging from 5-15 points, and lie in one of the following categories:
- Corporate Relation. Ex: Professional development speakers and networking expos
- THON. Ex: Canning weekends, thonvelope socials, and communication with the Millers
- Community Service. Ex: Lights Out, Trash pickup, and box top collection
- Social. Ex: Tailgates, picnics, lazer tag, parties
- Misc. Ex: general meetings and fundraisers
Upon achieving active membership, the member will receive a free PMA T-shirt and admittance to the Awards Dinner (Fall) or Vertical Adventures Trip (Spring). In addition, the most active member in each of the four categories will receive a reward directed towards that category’s theme.